- NCAA Tournament Profile: Vermont CatamountsPosted 2 weeks ago
- NCAA Tournament Profile: North Dakota Fighting HawksPosted 2 weeks ago
- Why Monmouth deserves an at-large bid into the NCAA TournamentPosted 3 weeks ago
- James Harden’s rejuvenation is the most refreshing thing about the NBA this seasonPosted 3 weeks ago
- NCAA Tournament Profile: Florida Gulf CoastPosted 3 weeks ago
- NCAA Tournament Profile: Winthrop EaglesPosted 3 weeks ago
- NCAA Tournament Profile: Jacksonville State GamecocksPosted 3 weeks ago
- Check out the complete 2017 college basketball conference tournament schedulePosted 4 weeks ago
- Missouri should part ways with head coach Kim Anderson at season’s endPosted 4 weeks ago
- Denver’s Nikola Jokic is redefining what an NBA center can bePosted 1 month ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled “New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.