- Japan women’s basketball just might be the coolest team at the OlympicsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Goodbye to Tim Duncan, the dullest superstar of all-timePosted 1 month ago
- Social media reaction to Tim Duncan’s retirementPosted 2 months ago
- Celtics’ Jaylen Brown impressive in NBA Summer League debutPosted 2 months ago
- Ben Simmons impresses in Summer League debut before leaving with leg crampsPosted 2 months ago
- Social media reaction to Kevin Durant signing with the Golden State WarriorsPosted 2 months ago
- The complete list of 2016 NBA Draft Early EntrantsPosted 2 months ago
- Derrick Rose departs Chicago amid LeBron James’ sixth championship appearancePosted 2 months ago
- LeBron authors greatest moment in Game 7Posted 2 months ago
- Buddy Hield likes Instagram post of himself wearing Celtics jerseyPosted 2 months ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled “New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.