- UConn’s Shabazz Napier is following in Kemba Walker’s footstepsPosted 3 days ago
- DAILY DISH: UConn not getting enough respectPosted 18 days ago
- DAILY DISH: Memphis is a fraud; Kansas looks like a No. 1 teamPosted 18 days ago
- College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon Recap: FGCU, LaSalle, VCU and morePosted 25 days ago
- DAILY DISH: Andrew Wiggins was a little passive in Kansas debutPosted 39 days ago
- When are the next retro Jordans coming out?Posted 146 days ago
- Victor Oladipo shines in NBA Summer LeaguePosted 152 days ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled ”New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.