- Goodbye to Tim Duncan, the dullest superstar of all-timePosted 2 weeks ago
- Social media reaction to Tim Duncan’s retirementPosted 2 weeks ago
- Celtics’ Jaylen Brown impressive in NBA Summer League debutPosted 3 weeks ago
- Ben Simmons impresses in Summer League debut before leaving with leg crampsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Social media reaction to Kevin Durant signing with the Golden State WarriorsPosted 3 weeks ago
- The complete list of 2016 NBA Draft Early EntrantsPosted 1 month ago
- Derrick Rose departs Chicago amid LeBron James’ sixth championship appearancePosted 1 month ago
- LeBron authors greatest moment in Game 7Posted 1 month ago
- Buddy Hield likes Instagram post of himself wearing Celtics jerseyPosted 1 month ago
- NBA Finals history plagues Cleveland Cavaliers despite Game 5 win; should league change playoff format?Posted 1 month ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled “New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.