- Old Dominion edges Oakland, 68-67, to win inaugural Vegas 16Posted 2 months ago
- Who’s already in the NCAA Tournament?Posted 3 months ago
- Should Steph Curry win the NBA’s Most Improved Player award?Posted 3 months ago
- Who’s the Most Improved Player in the NBA? Presidential candidates weigh inPosted 3 months ago
- Do athletes deserve our forgiveness?Posted 3 months ago
- Cavs legend, underrated star Mark Price now sharing his knowledge at CharlottePosted 3 months ago
- It’s time to shift our focus to the Golden State WarriorsPosted 3 months ago
- Who will win Super Bowl 50?Posted 4 months ago
- You’re an idiot if you think Peyton Manning didn’t take HGHPosted 4 months ago
- January’s Best DunksPosted 4 months ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled “New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.