- Dickie V talking bobbleheads raising money for The V Foundation for Cancer ResearchPosted 7 days ago
- After a rough November, we won’t know how good Michigan State is for a whilePosted 1 week ago
- Which college basketball teams had the best Feast Week?Posted 1 week ago
- Russell Westbrook, James Harden lead early race for NBA MVPPosted 2 weeks ago
- What’s working, what’s not with Knicks so far this seasonPosted 3 weeks ago
- Mike D’Antoni has Made James Harden Great AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- NBA Season Outlook: 30 teams, 5 tiersPosted 1 month ago
- NBA Preview: Why Kevin Durant will win this year’s MVPPosted 1 month ago
- NBA Preview: Warriors will win it all, only question is, how many will they win?Posted 2 months ago
- Do The Cavaliers Currently Have What it Takes to Repeat?Posted 2 months ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled “New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.