- Why UConn’s Shabazz Napier gets no respectPosted 14 days ago
- Why the Slam Dunk contest was the most disappointing thing about NBA All-Star WeekendPosted 15 days ago
- College Basketball’s All-American Starting FivePosted 18 days ago
- Celtics forward Brandon Bass shares his pregame workout routinePosted 25 days ago
- What athletes can learn from the Seahawks’ holistic wellness approachPosted 33 days ago
- Sacramento’s Isaiah Thomas is the Most Improved Player in the NBAPosted 40 days ago
- DAILY DISH: Texas Southern’s Aaric Murray goes off, so does SIU’s Barry HinsonPosted 79 days ago
- Podcast: Why Andrew Wiggins is struggling, is Kentucky an elite team?Posted 88 days ago
- UConn’s Shabazz Napier is following in Kemba Walker’s footstepsPosted 93 days ago
- DAILY DISH: UConn not getting enough respectPosted 108 days ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled ”New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.