- LSU phenom Ben Simmons makes his introduction to college hoops fans in BrooklynPosted 4 days ago
- NBA Draft Profile: Emmanuel MudiayPosted 187 days ago
- 2015 NBA Draft Profile: Delon WrightPosted 188 days ago
- 2015 NBA Draft Profile: Terry RozierPosted 241 days ago
- Rest in Peace, Jimmy ButlerPosted 263 days ago
- Championship Week Day 3 Recap: FGCU falls, Arch Madness begins, and VCU is falling apartPosted 268 days ago
- Day 2 of Championship Week features America East, Big South, Ohio Valley tournaments tipping offPosted 270 days ago
- Championship Week begins as Atlantic Sun, Horizon League, Patriot League tournaments tip tonightPosted 271 days ago
- After back-to-back upset wins, underachieving Kansas State finally showing signs of lifePosted 273 days ago
- Why the one-and-done rule is killing college basketballPosted 347 days ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled ”New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.