- Why the one-and-done rule is killing college basketballPosted 72 days ago
- Why Gonzaga is one of the absolute best teams in the countryPosted 73 days ago
- Kentucky is too good, and everything else we learned from ESPN’s College Basketball Tip-Off MarathonPosted 100 days ago
- Former Quinnipiac star James Feldeine leads Dominican Republic against Team USA basketballPosted 190 days ago
- Summer League Notes: Zach LaVine is a sick, ridiculous athletePosted 225 days ago
- Shabazz Napier unfollows LeBron on Twitter, deletes his tweetsPosted 227 days ago
- Summer League Recap: Dante Exum dazzles in debutPosted 229 days ago
- NBA Summer League Recap: Elfrid Payton is the coolest rookie in the new NBA classPosted 234 days ago
- Summer League Recap: Shabazz runs the show in MiamiPosted 236 days ago
- Where will UConn’s DeAndre Daniels be drafted?Posted 246 days ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled ”New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.