- NBA Draft Profile: Emmanuel MudiayPosted 132 days ago
- 2015 NBA Draft Profile: Delon WrightPosted 133 days ago
- 2015 NBA Draft Profile: Terry RozierPosted 186 days ago
- Rest in Peace, Jimmy ButlerPosted 208 days ago
- Championship Week Day 3 Recap: FGCU falls, Arch Madness begins, and VCU is falling apartPosted 213 days ago
- Day 2 of Championship Week features America East, Big South, Ohio Valley tournaments tipping offPosted 215 days ago
- Championship Week begins as Atlantic Sun, Horizon League, Patriot League tournaments tip tonightPosted 215 days ago
- After back-to-back upset wins, underachieving Kansas State finally showing signs of lifePosted 218 days ago
- Why the one-and-done rule is killing college basketballPosted 292 days ago
- Why Gonzaga is one of the absolute best teams in the countryPosted 293 days ago
Is this the New Orleans Pelicans logo?
- Updated: December 5, 2012
By: Kels Dayton
By now, you’ve probably heard that the New Orleans Hornets are changing their name to….the Pelicans.
As unfortunate as that piece of information is, it might mean that Charlotte may once again become the “Hornets,” which would be a huge win for everybody involved. Charlotte deserves to be the Hornets, and as crazy as this sounds, it might actually generate more interest for the team in the area. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he is open to the idea.
This logo was posted on a Facebook page entitled ”New Orleans Pelicans,” with the creator urging fans to “please like and share with your friends!” Tom Benson, who bought the team from the NBA last year, has decided that the nickname “Pelicans” will be more representative of New Orleans and its culture. His wife, Gayle, said that she would like to see red, navy, and gold as the colors. This design, by Guru Design Co., could very well end up being the logo.