- NBA Draft Profile: Josh JacksonPosted 3 days ago
- NBA Draft Profile: Jonathan IsaacPosted 6 days ago
- NBA Draft Profile: De’Aaron FoxPosted 7 days ago
- NBA Draft Profile: Lonzo BallPosted 1 week ago
- NBA Draft Profile: Dennis Smith Jr.Posted 3 weeks ago
- For Cinderella-on-steroids Gonzaga, another devastating NCAA Tournament loss, this time on the game’s biggest stagePosted 4 weeks ago
- Lance Stephenson versus LeBron James and the Cavaliers is a dream playoff matchupPosted 1 month ago
- NCAA Tournament Profile: Vermont CatamountsPosted 2 months ago
- NCAA Tournament Profile: North Dakota Fighting HawksPosted 2 months ago
- Why Monmouth deserves an at-large bid into the NCAA TournamentPosted 2 months ago
Dickie V talking bobbleheads raising money for The V Foundation for Cancer Research
- Updated: November 30, 2016
MILWAUKEE, Wi., November 30, 2016 – – Today, the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum unveiled talking Dick Vitale Bobbleheads, which are individually numbered to only 1,000. The bobbleheads are available on Dick Vitale’s website. All proceeds from the sale of Dick’s merchandise benefit The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
The bobblehead features Dick with the ESPN microphone and plays three of Dick’s signature calls with the press of a button: “A Diaper Dandy”, “A PTPer”, and “IT’S AWESOME, BABY!”.
“I am excited to have a bobblehead that reflects my personality and will help me raise money for kids battling cancer. It is an item that sports fans can have fun with. It’s AWESOME, BABY WITH A CAPITAL ‘A’!”
Dick Vitale called ESPN’s first-ever NCAA basketball game on December 5th, 1979, and has been a fan-favorite ever since, calling nearly 1,000 games. Vitale is also a regular contributor to ESPN Magazine, SportsCenter, ESPN Radio and the Basketball Times. Dick is one of the nation’s most requested public speakers and has authored nine books. In addition to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, Dick is a member of 12 additional Hall of Fames.
“I have always enjoyed the passion and excitement that Dick has brought to everything he has done,” said Phil Sklar, Co-Founder and CEO of the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum. “It was exciting to create a talking bobblehead which captures Dick’s excitement and that fans can enjoy for years to come.”
“This will be a great memento for all fans of Dick Vitale and basketball in general,” said National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum Co-Founder and President, Brad Novak.
The bobbleheads, which are in stock and ship now, are available from the Dick Vitale Online Store for $30 each or two for $50 with free shipping.
About Dick Vitale:
Dick Vitale, college basketball’s top analyst and ambassador, joined ESPN during the 1979-80 season — just after the network’s September 1979 launch — following a successful college and pro coaching career. In 2008, Vitale received the sport’s ultimate honor when he was selected as an inductee into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame as a contributor. Follow Dick at www.DickVitaleOnline.com, www.facebook.com/therealdickvitale and www.twitter.com/DickieV.
About the National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum:
The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum was announced in November 2014. The HOF and Museum hosted a Preview Exhibit at RedLine Milwaukee from January through April, 2016, and is currently planning for a permanent location. The HOF and Museum also produces high quality, customized bobbleheads for organizations, individuals and teams across the country. Visit us at www.BobbleheadHall.com, www.facebook.com/BobbleheadHall or www.twitter.com/BobbleheadHall.